Calling all photographers! We’ve extended the deadline for our AOS-BC Conference Photo Contest! You now have until Saturday, 30 July, to submit your shots and secure your spot in the running for our amazing prizes — including an angled Vortex Viper Spotting Scope valued at US$1,349.99!
If you don’t think of yourself as a photographer, don’t worry! Photos taken with cell phones are also accepted!
Submissions have been impressive thus far but we still need more entries, especially in the “Fun with Birds and People” category! Submit your best photos of humans, birds, and nature interacting (including during conference activities) – your image could be a winner!In addition to the Grand Prize — the high-end Vortex Viper Spotting Scope — the following prizes will be awarded in each category:
- 1st Place $100 Amazon gift card
- 2nd Place $50 Amazon gift card
- 3rd Place $25 Amazon gift card
Photos taken between 23 June and 5 July 2022 are eligible to enter. You can submit up to 6 photos in each category. Max out your chances to win by submitting 18 photos total!
The deadline for submitting entries is 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, 30 July 2022.
As a reminder, the three main categories for photo submissions are:
- Endemics: endemic and regional (West Indies) endemic birds of Puerto Rico
- Birds and Nature: featuring Puerto Rico’s non-endemic birds, close-up shots of other wildlife, natural habitats, and landscapes
- Fun with Birds and People: showing humans, birds and nature interacting (including conference activities)
Review the guidelines and follow the instructions for submitting your photos here.
Be sure to tag your photos correctly and add a title/description and location for each photo you enter.
Any questions or issues, contact Lisa Sorenson.
The AOS-BC conference took place in San Juan, Puerto Rico from 27 June to 2 July, 2022. Held under the theme “On the Wings of Recovery: Resilience and Action.” Find out more about the AOS & CBC 2022 Conference.